About Footstars CIC
Footstars CIC are a not for profit organisation with any profits generated invested back into the local community.
Our core values are:
- Provide opportunities for the local community to take part in physical activity which has enjoyment at its core - regardless of age, race, gender or ability.
- Engage the local community through sport including inactive and disabled people.
- Create an environment in which the local community supports Footstars and Footstars supports the local community.
- Increase quality of coaching available to children in the community through engagement in schools such as PE lessons, extra curricular clubs.
- Provide free and/or subsidised opportunities for the disadvantaged.
- Operating a Sports Coaching Apprenticeship growing the relationship with the local community by developing the next generation of coaches in the local area.
We coach over 1000 children a week, with excellent recommendations from schools, parents and players alike! Potential clients are welcome to meet with us at our office to discuss how we can support you with our range of services.
Established in 2012, Footstars has expanded from a one hour a week session to a full time operation consisting of 5 full time members of staff and 4 part time members of staff. From our weekly football centres, we have a number of "success stories" who have gone onto academy trials and signed contracts with professional football clubs.
We work with 16-24 year olds as part of our Traineeship and Apprenticeship Programmes which continues our ever growing relationship with the local community.