Sports Coaching Traineeship
Footstars Traineeship provides 16-24 year olds with high quality work experience with work preparation training. This will allow trainees to develop the skills and experience that employers are looking for. Helping them secure an apprenticeship, further education or employment in the sports sector.
At the core of a traineeship:
- A high-quality work experience placement
- Work preparation training
- English and Maths if needed
12 week period of 30 hours per week consisting of the following:
- 1st 4 Sport Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Coaching Sport
- Functional Skills English
- Functional Skills Mathematics
- Aged 16-24 and qualified below level 3
- Not currently in a job
- Limited work experience
- Focused on work or the prospect of it
There is no financial cost to undertake the traineeship. Whilst employers are not required to pay trainees, we can support candidates with travel expenses.
- Level 2 or 3 Study Programme
- Level 2 or 3 Apprenticeship
Programme duration: 12 weeks
Hours: 30 Hours p/w
Contact: Jodie Deasy on Jodie.Deasy@Footstars.org.uk
Candidates can apply by email to request an application form.
Sports Coaching Apprenticeship
Footstars Coaching Apprenticeships are available for 16-18 year olds who are interested in developing a career in Sports Coaching whilst gaining practical experience in the coaching industry.
Apprenticeships combine practical training in a job with study. As an apprentice you will:
- Work alongside experienced staff including UEFA B Coaches
- Mentoring from professional football club Academy Coach
- Gain job-specific skills
- Earn a wage and get holiday pay
- Gain further qualifications and contacts in the coaching industry
Footstars provide apprentices with quality 1-1 mentoring with years of experience working at schools, development centres and Professional Football Clubs. Specialising in Football at our development centres, Footstars PE programme provides schools with first class PE lessons covering a range of sports on the national curriculum. Our programme is unique to each apprentice to develop their delivery by enhancing apprentice’s technical knowledge, delivery styles, behaviour management and confidence.
- L2/L3 Certificate/Diploma in PE & School Sport
- NVQ L2 in Activity Leadership
- L1/L2 National Governing Body coaching qualifications
- English and Math’s GCSE equivalent qualifications available.
- L2/3 Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
Programme Duration: 12 months
Hours: 30 Hours p/w
Hourly rate of pay: National Apprenticeship minimum wage
Contact: Guy Hayes on Info@Footstars.org.uk
Candidates can apply by emailing their CV and covering letter.